SYNC EV Terms and Conditions
Domestic installation terms and conditions:
Over 95% of our installs go ahead at standard cost and we do like to keep things as simple as possible however sometimes small extras need to be agreed and paid for on the day of install.
Therefore, if you think there is any reason why we might not be able to complete your installation on the day please let us know as soon as possible.
Sync EV’s installation package includes:
- 2.5 hour standard installation slot. (Most standard installs take just over 2 hours)
- Fitting of a charging socket on a brick or plaster wall, or to another suitable permanent structure.
- Up to 10 metres of cable, run in black cable clipped to the wall neatly between the distribution board and the charging socket.
- The fitting and testing of electrical connections and protections required for the charging socket.
Some conditions and limitations that you need to know:
- The charger only connects to Wi-Fi via a 2.4ghz bandwith. All routers with 5ghz must disable the 5ghz on this installation. This is the responsibility of the homeowner NOT the installer.
- Extra cable length above 10 metres will be charged at £13.00 per metre.
- If the cable needs to run under floorboards or ceilings you may incur additional costs, regarding time. If this is the case please send us images of the installation area first. The cost of the extra works will be agreed prior to installation with your SyncEV/BG installer.
- All installs/surveys are booked on an AM or PM appointment basis, whilst we will endeavour to accommodate any requirements, we cannot guarantee this.
- Please inform us if your meter or consumer unit is not located on an external wall. (eg. if we drill through this wall will we be outside the house?)
- OLEZ grants for installation now only apply on installs in blocks of flats or rented accommodation. These installations will be subject to a site survey.
- If your current electrical installation does not meet the required legal standard for the installation to continue, we are obliged by regulations to fit the following extras:
- i) A New 5 Way consumer Unit with built in surge protection. The cost should be agreed with your SyncEV/BG installer before installation.
- ii) Gas or Water Earth bonding: £30.00 up to 5m and £5.00 p/m thereafter (Agreed with installer prior to installation).
- £50/hour plus materials over and above the 2.5 hour standard slot. Upon arrival on site for the installation the engineer will assess and check the compliance of the install with the standard installation criteria, if for example the cable run is longer than 10m the extra cost will be agreed and the customer will be required to sign an additional cost submission form before work can commence.
- Aborted visits: £80.00
- Cancelled appointments with only 24 hours notice £80.00, if a coloured charger is ordered these are made to order and are subject to a restocking charge of 25% of total cost.
- Customer to provide parking and welfare facilities.
Please refer to our Warranty page for more information
Limitation of Liability
No liability of any nature shall be incurred or accepted by SyncEV for any loss, costs or damage caused by any use and/or misuse of our products, except when caused by our negligence.
Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme – OLEV Grant
It is the customer's responsibility to check they are eligible for the OLEV grant. Should the grant claim be rejected by OLEV we reserve the right to claim the £350 back from the customer.
Customers who require further information, or have queries regarding the grant process should contact OLEV directly on: email@example.com.